4.20.2009

31w4d


We had a baby shower yesterday, and it was just one more milestone that made us look at each other and comment that it is definitely becoming more real. It's humbling to me that we have so many people in our lives that want to celebrate this time with us, and the support and encouragement we're receiving is overwhelming.

Ferris should be weighing in at around three and a half pounds right now - and since the average is an increase of a half a pound each week, I'm looking at giving birth to a very bearable-sized baby (much to my satisfaction). I'm currently experiencing swelling of my fingers, and the discomfort I feel when I try to remove my rings at night leads me to believe I won't be able to wear them much longer.
It's incredible to me that we have less than nine weeks until my due date - the time is flying and it's all I can do not to panic when I look at my to-do list. One by one, the items are getting crossed off, which is just one more reminder that we're getting close to welcoming Ferris into our family.

No comments: