7.31.2009

Milestones

Merrill's two month checkup was yesterday - we'll avoid discussing the trauma of her shots, since the entire family would prefer to forget the tears shed.

She is 11 lbs. 8 ozs and 21 inches long - which seems enormous to me - until a friend reminded me that some newborns are that big. Regardless, it's amazing to look at this baby and remember how tiny she was when she was born.

She can almost hold her head up by herself, and she loves to sit and look out the window. She's mesmerized by birds, smiles whenever she hears her dad's voice, and pouts when she's not being held. She makes sweet little cooing sounds whenever she hears certain songs, and she squeaks herself to sleep at night. There are a million other little tiny things she's doing, and I'm desperate to remember them all - because it's all happening so fast.

I rarely get things done during the day, and that's ok. I'm tired, and that's ok too. I desperately need a haircut, I hardly wear makeup anymore, and I live in comfy clothes...but it's all ok.

Because of her.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

Ohmiword, your little girl is so cute! They grow so quickly huh? If it makes you feel better my little guy was 11 lbs. 7 oz and 23 inches at his 4 week visit recently. I feel like he's HUGE! And, he's bigger than his little girl friend who's about Merrill's age. It's been so fun to follow you as you're a few weeks a head of me with the baby/pregnancy! :(