11.20.2008

10w

Week 10 has come upon me and brought with it the same level of excitement I felt on my 10th birthday - entering the age of double digits felt so monumental, while leaving the single digit ages behind was symbolic of how far I'd come.

The changes are almost imperceptible, and I'm the only one that can really sense them. The morning nausea has improved drastically, and I'm becoming more and more able to space out the feedings I so heavily required early on. I've entered into a world of tear-jerking commercials, emotional reruns of Desperate Housewives, and weepy conversations with my husband about how much I love him, the cat, the glass of water I'm drinking, and strawberries. I laugh hysterically about the stupidest things - and I get riled up over nothing. Basically, my emotions are running rampant and taking hostage over me.

Week 10 is also a blaring indicator that we have 30 weeks to go - that what feels like an eternity so far has really only just begun, and it will be months before I can eat sushi accompanied by a glass of wine...

In Ferris' world, things are humming right along. Measuring in at a little over an inch, growing fingers and toes, continuing on the path of rapid-fire brain development (we're talking an astounding 25,000 neurons each minute!), all the while developing ears and eyelids.

The size comparisons have been one of the more enjoyable aspects for us. Each week, my husband asks "What do we have this week?" and I'm able to give an analogy based on everything I've read. We went from grain of rice to jelly bean to gummy bear, straight into martini olive and now on to a large Brazil nut.

By the end of next week, the baby will have transformed from embryo to fetus, which means "little one". We are so lucky to have this little one in our lives.

1 comment:

TKTC said...

I LOVE the size comparisons- next week ping pong ball?
PS I get weepy and hungry whenever I read. Sympathy pregnancy.