11.10.2008

8w4d

I always fantasized about having a fabulous pregnancy. I guess it's the result of too many movies, or seeing celebrities that manage to look absolutely amazing at every turn...but I always dreamed of it being fun, and glorious - where I'd feel incredible and look adorable. So far, we have the fun part down - but that's about where it ends.

Since I'm not working right now, I have a free pass to spend the entire day in pajamas, with my hair piled on top of my head. When I do leave the house, I change clothes an average of four times before settling on something I can live with. I'm not really showing yet, but my clothes definitely fit differently - and as of now, I simply feel like I've gained weight as a result of too much junk food and not enough time on the elliptical.

However, I prefer to focus on the fun part. I'm so lucky to have a husband that makes me laugh constantly, and gets me like no one else ever has. We can have conversations without saying a word, and simple glances are an acceptable form of communication. We laugh our asses off at the most idiotic things, and our favorite comedic topic as of late is the notion of becoming parents. We joke about having an enormous baby, thanks to him being 6'3" (disclaimer: I laugh, while squirming uncomfortably at the mere thought). We talk about the combination of features this child will have and hope for the best of each of us. We make up absurd baby names based on NFL players and product names from cheesy commercials.

In addition to the good humor he brings to our situation, he provides me with anything I could ever want. Jelly beans? Check. Socks? He's on it. Compliments abound, with me actually believing his opinion that I've never looked cuter to him. In essence, he was sent from heaven and I am lucky enough to have nabbed him.

As far as symptoms go, we're still on track. I've added the constant need to pee to the list, as well as dreams that make me feel as though I've begun ingesting hallucinogenic drugs before bed. I wake up several times throughout the night, looking around me and trying to clear the confusion.

My mom had a dream that we had a daughter and named her Ferris Mutherford - so we've taken to calling the baby "Ferris". This is simply due to my refusal to call the baby "it" - and since we aren't going to learn the sex, we've got a long road ahead of us to not have an adequate reference.

Ferris, we are so excited about you - and tomorrow, at our next doctor's appointment, we'll get to see you again.

1 comment:

TKTC said...

Still keeping fingers crossed that things ease up in trimester #2. Also, I just added The Littlest Reason to the "Mommy-Blogger" category of my Google Reader.

Adorable!