11.24.2008

10w4d

We spent the weekend in Indiana with my husband's family, relaxing at the farm where we got married and enjoying an early Thanksgiving. Saturday night, we went to a Todd Snider concert in Indianapolis, and even though I know that Ferris won't be able to hear sounds until after the second trimester, I imagined our tiny little nugget enjoying the music coming from the stage.

At this point, Ferris is approaching the size of a small lime, and has the ability to hiccup and stretch. Granted, the thought of this little wee one hiccuping is enough to send me into hysterics, given my pure hatred towards the hiccups - but I am still happy to count this among the developments.

On Sunday, my mother-in-law cooked an incredible Thanksgiving lunch, and Ferris got to enjoy what will be the first of many family holidays. I ate heartily, knowing that I was passing on delicious food and nutrients to a growing baby.

On our drive home, we talked about the things we want our baby to learn and experience. Conversations like these have me alternating between excitement and fear - knowing that someone depends on us to provide them with the knowledge and opportunities to carry them through, hoping that we will be great parents, and realizing how huge this really is.

1 comment:

TKTC said...

A hiccuping lime. My goodness, Ferris is already a funny one!