1.19.2009

18w4d

Aaaaaand we have movement!

I experienced several instances of feeling the squirt wiggle around this weekend - sensations I would best describe as bubbles, pops, or ripples...odd and incredible. It would stop me in my tracks instantly, as I attempted to determine if it was my imagination playing tricks on me - or, more likely, my stomach gurgling in reaction to food or lack thereof.

We have started chipping away at the long list of tasks awaiting us as we prepare for Ferris' arrival, in an attempt to get ahead. I'd much prefer to get things in order before my enormous belly overtakes me, and certainly before the warmer weather starts to present itself. We are now the proud owners of a very clean and very organized basement, as well as a very empty third bedroom which is in the midst of being transitioned from my office back into a guest room. The baby's room still has a long way to go, but somehow I find myself unable to begin the daunting task of putting it together.

I also experienced my first bout of body-related awkwardness. After I washed the blanket that we keep in the puppy's crate, I was crouched down putting it back in his crate when I got myself wedged in the crate's opening, unable to free myself due to my protruding belly. I yelled for my husband's help for several moments before he found me, where I then had to wait for him to stop laughing before he was able to help me up.

I had a few new cravings to add to the mix, some of which I indulged in and some I'm hoping will pass...black cherry soda, crab rangoons, biscuits with honey, and cole slaw. Tonight we are going to my favorite steakhouse in Nashville for the best burger I've had in this city, and I cannot wait.
I'm trying to be careful about what I eat, but I get so ravenous at times that it's difficult. Meanwhile, I'm struggling with my changing shape and the fact that when I look in the mirror, I see a rounder face and body - all for a very good reason, but all very disconcerting nonetheless.

2 comments:

dad35 said...

i've heard of being stuck in the doghouse. but the dog crate?

TKTC said...

Ferris moves! I know it must be really really strange seeing things fill out differently than they used to but you said it, it couldn't be more temporary (a big benefit to having babies on the young-ish side) or for a better reason!