2.03.2009

20w5d

Oh. Wow. This is real. As in, there is a baby in there. A baby that looks like a baby.

Today's appointment was full of good news (if you ignore the part about how I'm gaining weight too quickly and should...you know...lay off the goods.). Baby has all the right parts and pieces, and in keeping with a stellar sense of humor, wiggled all over and kept those tiny little fists firmly planted up near that tiny little face. We did get to see a foot that seems shockingly long, a yawn of epic proportions, the mouth moving and drinking fluid...and as evidenced in the picture on the right, our little 11 ounce squirt greedily sucking a thumb.

The temptation I felt when the technician told us she knew the sex was overwhelming. I almost caved, and it was only by squeezing my eyes tightly shut and turning away that I was able to resist taking a peek.

We'll go back in ten weeks for another ultrasound. My placenta is very near the cervix and they need to make sure it shifts in order to determine whether a c-section will be necessary. I'd give anything to be able to see Ferris every week, but the anticipation makes it that much sweeter.

1 comment:

TKTC said...

WOW!! I'm so excited to see the Ferris bump in person on Friday and might I say, looking like one beaUTIFUL baby!!