2.26.2009

24w

Yesterday, I experienced my first bout of Braxton-Hicks contractions, and it must be stated with firm certainty that without my friend Jessi and my sister, my anxiety levels would be excessive and unmanageable. After I established that what I was feeling did in fact sound like a contraction of sorts, we began timing their presence and gauging the level of intensity. Lying down and chugging from a giant bottle of water seemed to help, as did the arrival of my husband with a Subway sandwich and a chocolate chip cookie. Later last night, Ferris was more active than normal, and we interpreted it as an attempt to let us know that everything was cool down there.

I stumbled across the online baby boutique Two Blue Peas, and this is the first time I've really wished I knew what we're having so I could order some of the adorable clothes. As it stands, I'll probably be sitting in the hospital with my laptop and credit card as soon as Ferris makes an appearance.

The nursery is slowly but surely coming along - the only thing we lack is the crib, which we'll be getting sometime in March. I haven't yet begun to organize the few items we have, as my obsessive nature means I want to have a better sense of total inventory before I undergo the task of determining which drawer will house blankets vs. onesies vs. burp cloths. My mom and I picked out fabric for the curtains and the cushions on the glider rocker (the rocker belonged to my sister and the cushions were blue, so we're recovering them in a neutral fabric) and while she is holding the cushions hostage for fear the dogs will destroy them, she assures me they look great.

My goal is to get all of the items crossed off our to-do list before it gets warm, so I can enjoy the time before Ferris arrives without worrying about whether the guest room is ready, if the kitchen cabinets have been reorganized enough times (the answer is always a resounding NO), if the railings on the porch need fresh paint, and if this house is as baby-ready as it can possibly be.

No comments: