2.24.2009

23w5d

Ferris is now joining the ranks as the second member of our family to be packing on the weight. At just over a pound, we're entering the stage of rapid growth - about 6 ounces each week. I'm in the sixth month, which marks the last stage of the second trimester - where has the time gone? At times, I feel like June will never arrive...and then other times leave me struggling with how quickly this is happening and I'm struck by the notion that June will be here before I know it.

As Ferris gets stronger, I can feel the kicks and turns more often and with increasing strength. At times I can even see the twitches in my stomach as tiny feet and fists push against me. Ferris is most active after meals and at night as I lay in bed, and it's become a routine for me to place my hands on either side of my belly to await the rhythm of soft thumps.

No comments: