12.15.2008

13w4d

As we hit the middle of week 13, I am hit with the notion that the past 8 weeks or so have passed with rapid speed, yet it also feels like time is crawling and we should be much further along than we are at this point.

The baby is now about 3 inches long, about the size of the Nutter Butter cookies I loved so much when I was a kid. He/she also has the ability to make a fist and suck those tiny little thumbs, and at this point is developing vocal cords and a larynx in preparation for those adorable coos (and not-so-adorable 3am wails). Bones are hardening, and eyebrows and fingerprints are forming. All in all, the baby looks like a baby.

As for me, I'm feeling much better. The nausea has all but disappeared, and aside from some fatigue, I am enjoying the sentiment that I'm returning to the land of the living. It's perfect timing, since I'm at the point of having to cram all of my preparation for Christmas into one week. I'll be dragging Ferris all over town to do Christmas shopping, then we'll come home to wrap presents, make candy and treats, and steel ourselves for the onslaught of family and travel.

1 comment:

TKTC said...

I was having babyfest at a Christmas party over the weekend and thought of you. I just don't get to be around them that often and then Guillaume just stole me heart. All blue eyes and lashes with his sweet little French name and sweetness. Excited for you...and how good are Nutter Butters???